Sunday, May 13, 2007

And the winner is......

Temple or Maryland.

My visit to the University of Florida really helped me decide what kind of school I want to go to. Gainesville is a great campus for undergrad - great weather, great sports, and did I mention the girls? Despite the gorgeous campus, ultimately, it just wasn't what I wanted for a law school experience. Everyone seemed to have done their UG at UF, FSU, USF, or UMiami. I also realized that the opportunities, culture, and city life that eat coast cities provide is what really appealed to me.

An interesting event occurred during the ASD at UF as well. A prof was making his rounds meeting with students. He must have been in his late 30's maybe early 40's....very young. He came over to me and we talked. He had joined the faculty recently and had been a partner at a NYC biglaw firms after going to LS at NYU. So the topic invariably led to what i thought about UF and where else I was looking. I told him that Wisconsin was one of my choices and he looked surprised. Then, no joke, he basically tells me to go to Wisconsin!

"...I personally would go to the best school you can get into. Loans are that big of a deal...you'll pay it off pretty quick if (my emphasis) you work in a large firm."

Easy for him to say....thats a big if.

Anyway, I decided on Temple mainly because of Philly and its (relative) proximity to home. I decided that I'd go to MD if they pulled me off the waitlist, but haven't decided how long I'll wait to hear back. I don't think I could wait too deep into the summer without totally being screwed with housing in Philly. Cmon MD....show me some love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home