Thursday, October 12, 2006

So yea...

....why do i do this to myself? Oh yes, I remember. I want to save the world without being poor.

Waiting for the LSAT score is worse than studying for it. I have a feeling that the folks up in Newtown PA are laughin their asses off at our suffering.

Im working on my personal statement, diversity statement, and my ransom statement for when I kidnap various family members of adcomms. I'm kidding...dont be a square.

I started helping my mom look for condos as well. Seems like she wants to stick around in the area, at least until my brother finishes college.

While looking at a condo today, i lost a little bit of faith in humanity. A unit was being shown by the owner. All in all it looked like a great unit. The owner was a grandmother and had also brought her grandchildren along. But I quickly saw how this was just a clever ploy. I noticed that the carpeting was all new and she was quick to make sure I knew. She showed me around and i couldnt help but notice that the lower parts of the walls at some points had been freashly painted. She showed me into the utility room and told me about how the water heater was "new" as well. Now I not an expert in home ownership or anything, but I know that a water heater isnt something thats replaced often, especially if the condo is only 5 years old.

So i asked why she had replaced the water heater. She looked like a deer in the headlights...it was classic. She thougth she had told me (or rather hoped i wouldnt notice), that the water heater had burst resulting in "slight" water damage. When a water heater bursts....in a condo...there is nothign "slight" about it. We promptly walked out and the search continues. Its just amazing how hard it is to find honest people these days. What a role model for you grandkid lady....

Im a firm believer that people are for the most part inherently good. But that old lady really got my panties on a bunch.

Anyway, back to the grind. As always, g'luck to the other law school masochists out there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rule 12 (f) said...

Definitely right about waiting for the LSAT being worse than studying for it

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home