Monday, September 11, 2006

Thanks for coming, I'm glad to be here.

I suppose the best way to begin is to introduce myself and why I've decided to start up a blog. I have been out of school for about four months now. I dabbled with some philosophy here and some history there. I was a bit indecisive during undergrad, but finally decided on political science as it offered a good mix of what I was truly interested in. As for law school, I have decided to take a year off (maybe two-max) before applying. In the mean time, I am working at a large firm (one of those top v50 kind) and enjoying it for the most part. It is definitely providing an insightful experience into what it would be like to work as an associate in "big law".

I've decided to start this blog for many reasons. For one, I've wanted to start a blog for a while and figured that one about my law school admissions process, mixed with some of my political anecdotes, and other ramblings would provide ample amounts of material for a semi-interesting blog. Also, since I've been out of school, I've had very few chances to write anything of substantive value and am afraid that my writing skills are starting to go down the toilet. Hopefully, forcing myself to write on a blog open to all of you will help keep me sharp. I suppose that I also hope that this blog will act as some sort of outlet for my frustrations and hopefully joy during this process. I also hope that this can also serve as some sort of medium for people in similar situations to talk about their own experiences. In the end, if my chronicle of this process is helpful to one person, I would consider it worth while.

I hope all of you will enjoy my insights and thoughts and hope that you will join in. And in the words of one of my favorite Professors - Thanks for coming, I'm glad to be here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MUCH LOVE FROM THE v50 LAW FIRM TIP.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home