Monday, October 02, 2006

LSAT Post-Mortem

Well the LSATs has come and gone - and I couldn't be more relieved.

The day of the exam, I arrived at the site about an hour early. I was running on about four hours of sleep, but wasn't tired at all. Adrenaline was pumping through my body all morning. I was concerned that this would result in some real bad test anxiety. However, the long wait between check in and when the test actually began was pretty benefitial in calming me down.

Well, I thought I was off to a bad start as they assigned me to a different building than I had grown accustomed to (I went and took a bunch of preptests in the room that was on my ticket). But fortunately the new room was pretty similar. When I sat down, I picked out the perfect seat. I was able to get a desk/chair all the way in the back with ample space around me. The other students were in desks that were lined up in a row, each touching each other. But then, the proctor said he couldn't see me, and moved me to a desk in the middle. This was by far the worse seat in the room. Behind me was a huge 6'4 dude who was basically spilling out of his chair, and inevitably kicked my chair with any movement. And of course, the girl in front of me was Ms. Figgity. The kicker was that there was a piece of jagged plastic protruding from the back of my chair, stabbing my kidney. I discovered this after leaning into it of course. I insisted that I be moved and the proctor moved me to the front of the class. I thought this would suck, but it ended up being great. No one in front of me to distract me and best of all, I was able to scooch forward a bit, so my desk didn't contact any others, effectively disconnecting myself from the bumper cars effect in the rows.

The first section was a LR, followed by LG(ex), RC, LG, and finally LR. The section that I felt I had most trouble in was the LR. The fact that it was the first section didn't help at all and some of the questions were tricky. The RC was rough too, longer and more dense. I had to guess on the last 2 questions. All in all I feel that I got a 158 +/- 3, I would be very happy if I broke 160. I really dont want to retake. There wasn't anything totally unexpected, and I am fairly sure I didn't bomb any section, knock on wood. The only thing im concerned about is the possibility of missbubbling a section. I hope to God this didn't happen....I think im just being paranoid however.

Now its time to write my PS and fill out some applications. Ive got some topics rolling around in my head. We'll see how everything goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home